Spaghetti Squash Lasagna
One of my all-time favorite foods growing up was LASAGNA! There's just something about it that gives me comfort. This is a no-guilt version, packed with veggies and lean protein. And trust me, you won't miss the extra noodles and carbs one bit!
1 large or 2 small spaghetti squash
2 pounds lean ground beef or ground turkey
1 large jar marinara
1 large container cottage cheese
2 cups shredded mozzarella
1/2 cup parmesan
1 tsp Italian seasoning
salt and pepper to taste
1. Cook spaghetti squash. My preferred method is to poke the outsides with fork, then microwave for 10 minutes. Continue to flip and microwave a few minutes at a time until squash is tender and cooked all the way around.
2. While squash is cooking, brown ground beef. Once cooked, add marinara and allow to simmer.
3. Meanwhile, in a mixing bowl, combine cottage cheese, 1 cup mozzarella, parmesan, Italian seasoning, salt and pepper.
4. Cut spaghetti squash in half, remove seeds, then form "noodles" with a fork.
5. Preheat oven to 375 and spray 9x13" pan. Start layering lasagna. Layer as follows from bottom up --> 1/3 spaghetti squash, 1/3 meat sauce, 1/2 cheese mix, 1/3 spaghetti squash, 1/3 meat sauce, 1/2 cheese mix, last 1/3 spaghetti squash, remaining meat sauce, sprinkle with remaining mozzarella.
6. Bake for about 30 minutes, or until bubbling and cooked through. Allow to sit for about 10 minutes or so before serving. Enjoy!